Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report variant values saved somewhere in SAP?

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am an end user of a Z report that we have in our system. This report I could execute for only one material number (which is also a selection screen field for the report) at a time earlier. So now I got it enhanced to be able to run for multiple materials at the same time. But now what I observed is that all the material numbers that I had saved in different variants are gone! The ABAPer is telling me that it is because we changed the selection screen field on which the variants are dependent. He says that I will not get those values back even if we reverse the change.

Now I have got myself into a situation. I had 42 different variants for the same report and there were multiple different values stored in those variants for the material number. But they are all gone now and unfortunately I have not documented those/remember them.

How could I get those material numbers again what I maintained in the variants earlier?

Please help.

Regards,

V S

7 REPLIES 7

MariaJoãoRocha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To rescue obsolete variants there is report RSVARDOC_610 (depends your system version).

Regards,

Maria João Rocha

0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the reply. Our version is ECC 6.0

Will this report be useful there?

Regards,

V S

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try in the menu ABAP\Variant Initial screen\adjust

Regards,

Maria João Rocha

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, but I do not get this option in the menu. I tried executing the program, but it does not change anything. Any other leads please...

Regards,

V S

0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

Can you please help me.I am functional Consultant SAP PM. i want to know some tcodes with details description which used for me in ABAP .

Thanks

Sushant

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to get the source of report RSVARDOC_610. Copy to Z program and try. Looks as it might work.

Regards

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Variants are stored in table VARI.

Try using FM RS_VARIANT_CONTENTS to read the values.