Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing strings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Suggestions on how to replace strings seen in the output structure. For example: I am displaying a functional location structure(ABC) in the output. I need to have a button saying "Find/Replace". This triggers a popup box wherein, I will have to enter REplace ABC with DEF and pres the TICK button on the popup. I need to see all the ABCs in the structure being replaced by DEFs. Does anybody know how to do this.

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

Hi,

you could use function module 'RS_FIND_REPLACE_DIALOG'.

Regards

Nicola

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. But I believe this function module gives a popup box. But inmy case, I am creating a popup box where the from value and the To value are entered. And then when the green tick mark is selected, the value entered as the From value is replaced with the value entered as the To value.

0 Kudos

I didn't understand yet what you are looking for. You want to develop a function which is already existing in SAP standard?

0 Kudos

Ok here is what I actually want. I am displaying a tree structure having the functional location and respective descriptions in the output. This output will contain a button saying Find/Replace. Once I press this button, I must get a popup which gives me fields like Replace FL from and Replace FL to. It will also have another fields saying Replace decsription from and replace description to. I am building this screen in SE51. Now when I enter values within this screen and press OKAY, the value entered in Replace from should be replaced by the values enetered in Replace to fields and the structure should now be seen with the replaced values. Can you tell me how this replace is done

0 Kudos

From what i can see, i don't think you are a ABAPer. Get hold of a ABAPer to get the module pool programming done.

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Hmm - why don't you use SAP standard instead of creating it on your own? And if you do - just debug the find and replace function in SAP - it will give you the steps you'll need as would looking at function module RS_FIND_REPLACE_DIALOG.

Regards

Nicola