Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of primary keys in customized table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a customized table with 3 primary keys, A, B and C. I have also created a table maintenance view for it. There are a few entries in the table but A + B are always unique. Now, I wish to remove C as a primary key (not removing the field entirely). But, I was unable to activate the changes in SE11. Do I have to delete the table maintenance before I can make such a change? What are the steps I have to follow?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activate Database utitlity ,just go SE11 Transaction -> Enter table name ->click on change mode -> utilities -> database utility -> activate and save database utitlity.

if it is not working then delete table maintaince -> recreate table maintaince again.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activate Database utitlity ,just go SE11 Transaction -> Enter table name ->click on change mode -> utilities -> database utility -> activate and save database utitlity.

if it is not working then delete table maintaince -> recreate table maintaince again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto the SE11 transaction - utitlities - database utility - activate & save database utility.

This is required whenevr you delete any primary key.

However you can also recreate table maintenance generator. But please take care in doing so. Any customised code witten for tha table will be deleted if you regenerate table maintenance generator.

So before regenerating table maintainenence generator ensure that there is no customised code written in the FM of the table.

Rewad pojts if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Removal of primary key in your customized table is very danger especially when this table was used for a long time, for maybe there were a lot of program have used it for some operation.

So if possible, pls don't do any change on it, and maybe you could define a new table for some extension use.

Hope this helps

Bob