Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding search help error

former_member242166
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When i create search help and activate the following error ouucrs,

Types of search help param. VOUCHERNO and field of selection method incompatible.

Please help me out.

Thanks and regards,

Linganathan.K

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the data element of VOUCHERNO in the selection table and make sure they are the same in Search help and database table.

0 Kudos

Dear Shambu,

I cant getting what you said, Can you please elaborate somewhat briefly.

Thanks and Regards,

Linganathan.K

0 Kudos

Double click on Selection method and find the data element of field VOUCHERNO.

Then use that same data element in the search help for the field VOUCHERNO.

former_member212705
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Linganathan.K,

Suppose you are providing search help in data element as in the above pic, then the dataelement that is referring to that parameter should have same data type. so make sure that both are same.

Thanks,

Ashish

0 Kudos

I am getting error like Search help is inconsistent.  What can i do for this?

Regards,

Linga

0 Kudos

Ok Linga,

what you can do just go to your search help and check that you have defined it correctly.  it will be like this ,suppose you are using carrid as parameter in search help for that data element

Now go to your data element definition,carrid has char 3 so your data element should also have CHAR 3 if you want to use carrid for f4 help. now put your search help's name in data element and enter parameter as carrid of that search help .

0 Kudos

I think if you have mapped search help's parameter to data element's search help parameter correctly then this issue should not come.