Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Enhancements in std reports - Doubts

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xperts

I'm trying to udnerstand the concpets of enhancements and would like to know the followig:

1. In a std report i want to add a parameter. Is it possible to do it using enhancements. As far i had seen explicit enhancements is not posible but only implicit.

2. if explicit enhancements are not possible in std reports then why enhancements when we have exits and badi which does the same job?

PS: Pls dont fwd any huge links. All i'm seeking is for logical anwsers.

thkx for ur help in advance.

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Good question .

And the explanation is that you can surely have explicit enhancement-option to add a paarmeter to a report provided its given by SAP.

But in reports wherein the selection screen parameters are defined in an include, then by default the framework provides an option to enhnace using implicit EO at top of include which you probly have already seen.

Thus in reports you might not have seen an explicit option provided by SAP however its very much possible as you can create your own report and try creating an explicit enhancement option in that and then create an implementation for the same.

I tried out looking for some similar standard report to give you an example but wasn't successful.

For your second point you can see example report where in explicit enhancements are there in report, though not for the purpose you mentioned.

SAPBAPITESTMARKING

Links i am sure you have seen Thomas Weiss blogs which i believe are the best reference material apart for SAP help on framework.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/94/9cdc40132a8531e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Hope this helps to clarify you question to some extent.

Feel free to revert for more clarifications if any.

regards,

Vikas

null

0 Kudos

vikas

i shud admit that ur explanation was much clear. but that is the purpose of using enhancements in a z report?

0 Kudos

Well i was suggesting to use it in z report so that you can test it to confirm.