Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Creation of Table Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a small question regaridng the creation of Table type.

Let us suppose I am creating Table type for a custom table zsample which is having 5 fields. I am generally creating a structure similar to custom table and using that structure as line type for the table type. Let us suppose if there are any changes in the custom table like change in the order of fields or if new fields are added the table type will give dump.

My question is If I use the custom table itself as a line type, will there be any effect in the performance or some thing or I can go ahead and use it..

Thanks,

Ravee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

U can create the table type with custom table , it will not affect the performance in any way .

6 REPLIES 6

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

U can create the table type with custom table , it will not affect the performance in any way .

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are creating custom table type with Standard table as line type as LINE TYPE will not create any performance issue because it is just a reference for creating internal table.

If you are using custom table type and change the order of field of the Table type you avoid Dump if you use INTO CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF TABLE but again it hampers performance.

Regards,

Gurpreet

former_member203501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think it does not bother for the custom or standard table type in a program....this is for the global definition

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What dump are you expecting ???

It is idea behind the creation with reference to get structures and tables which always look like

the tables they refer to.

I can not see a possibilty for a dump as long as you create only an internal table.

A dump could appear, if the internal table is later used to update another db-table. But there it should be clear that the structure of an internal should be created with reference to the tables which they change.

Siegfried

0 Kudos

Hello Siegfried,

I am also talking about the same dump when we try to create internal table with that table type and try to update the table.

Thanks for your reply..

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't really understand, please write carefully, whether you refer to internal tables or db-tables and were you get a dump and what kind of dump.

Simple dumps as time-out and memory shortage are always possible.

Siegfried