Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduse Workflow excecution time

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I'm creating a new workflow, once i want to test it I execute the workflow. i have to wait for sometime to get the mail alert. how can i reduce this time so that i can do my testing fast.

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that there is no simple solution for your problem. You can try to contact basis guys if they are able to improve performance of sending email from your system. I am not sure but maybe you don't have to wait for notification email and you can go directly to transaction SBWP and check workflow task there. You can also change step priority to 1 during your testing.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are sending the workflow message to your email client you can push it out manually via SOST. In most DEV clients that is turned off to prevent unwanted emails from going out. If you select your record click on the drop down next to the Execute button and choose 'Start Send Process for Selection' to make sure you don't send everything in the queue. There may still be some Basis controls to prevent you from doing it.