Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read values on screen while BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to create shipment cost through BAPI , I am using BDC recording for VI01 in the source code fof BAPI to create shipment cost .

But my requirement is that on the last screen of VI01 I want to check the Net Value ( netwr ) and if it is NON-ZERO then only I should SAVE it and if it is ZERO then I should EXIT.

for that i want to read value of that field on the screen.

on table level it gets saved only after SAVE of shipment cost moreover that field does not have parameter ID so I cant use GET PARAMETER .

Could anybody tell from which table the data for Net Value for line item in VI01 comes ( before saving ) ?

Or how should we read the values on the screen without parameter ID ?

<removed_by_moderator>

Thanks

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 9, 2008 4:28 PM

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

There will not be any such value without Saving... All you can do is define a WA with the same name as in the screen ... DOING THIS >> WHAT WILL HAPPEN IS WHATEVER IS THE value of the field.. Will be automatically be available in the program.. NO Need to use SET/GET parameters...

Regards,

VIjay

0 Kudos

after this step.. ALl you have to do is check the comdition and pass the corresponding ok_code.

FOr example VTTK-TKNUM is the field on screen define a wa corresponding to this...

Regards,

VIjay

0 Kudos

Dear vijay,

I could not get you.

would you please elaborate?

0 Kudos

Consider if Ship. cost type is the field you want to validate. the field name on the screen is RV54A- FKART this tou can find by clicking F1 then clicking on technical information.

define a work area with same screen name and attributes...

Eg:

data: begin of RV54A,

FKART type RV54A-FKART,

End of RV54A.

the data on screen will automatically be populated on the field RV54A- FKART in BDC Program.

You can use this value to validate according to your requirement.

Regards,

VIjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zamba,

Here is no needto go for SET PARAMETER ID.

Just go to that field on that screen, put your cursor on that screen and press F1 and now click on technical settings button. You get the internal field representation ie., SCREEN FIELD , in field description for batch input.

You can use this screenfield and check whether it is empty or not.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Chandra Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.