Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising an Error in IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY in User Exit EXIT_SAPLV55K_003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALE Gurus,

I have a requirement to use the above exit to validate inbound data and raise an error when required. In debug mode, I've determined that the only way an error will be raised is if the variable F_STAT variable in the IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY function module is set to either 1 (warning) or 2 (error). This value is passed into the user exit as an importing value only, and changes to the corresponding field in the exit are not passed back to the calling program.

I've tried changing the processing_protocol message type field, as this entry is modifiable in the exit and the modified values will be passed back, but I've encountered the following issue:

I can only change the table record in the user exit (i.e change the message type from 'S' to 'E'), but the calling program has the table record in the header area, and this retains the original value, it is not changed in line with the table value. Anyway, if I change all these values to 'E' in debug mode, it still doesn't appear to affect the F_STAT value and the idoc still completes successfully.

Can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong in attempting to raise an error in this User exit? Your assistance will ge greatfully appreciated and rewarded accordingly.

Cheers,

Steve

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please offer you're suggestions. This issue is becoming urgent.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve