Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unreleasing" function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a consultant come in a while ago (like 7 years ago) to create a Visual Basic 6.0 programme using the SAP RFC connector and a related function group in ABAP. We can't change the Visual Basic 6.0 programme and, unfortunately, this consultant saw fit to "release" some of the function modules. So he's frozen the interfaces. We now need to change one of the tables referred to in one of these interfaces. What I would like to do is create a structure for this to refer to with '_OLD' tagged on the end and change the function module's source code to select only the relevant fields. I can change the source code no problem, it's just that the structure passed to the VB programme is now too big.

So the obvious solution is quite simply: unrelease the function module. How do I do this? Is it even possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SE37, enter the fm name & use the menu option, Function Module> Release> Cancel Release.

~Suresh

2 REPLIES 2

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SE37, enter the fm name & use the menu option, Function Module> Release> Cancel Release.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Legend. For some reason it's greyed out in SE80 but it works fine in SE37! Thanks very much