Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Internal Note" field in MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

where I can find 'internal notes' field in material master?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Fred.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about Internal Comments in MM02?

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about Internal Comments in MM02?

0 Kudos

Yes, I believe it is Internal Comments. Is it the one which gives comments about material stating whether it is hazardous or etc?

0 Kudos

If you go in MM02 --> Additional Data. You will find a tab with text 'Internal comments'.

Here you can maintain the comments in terms of long text for Materials.

0 Kudos

How can I read the internal comments through my program? What is the table and field i can use to read this?

I want to clear this confusion. The 'internal comments' are not the same thing as 'sales text' and 'purchase order text', right?

Thanks

Fred.

0 Kudos

this quoted from SAP help.

<i>

Internal comment

You can use this text as you like, for example, to store any specific points to be taken into consideration with regard to the material.</i>

since it is a long text you need to use READ_TEXT to read it inside your PRogram.

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

You are right. Sales Order Text and Purchase order text is different.

Internal Comments are specific to Materials. You can use fm READ_TEXT to read the contents.

Parameters for READ_TEXT

CLIENT 010

ID 'IVER'

LANGUAGE EN

NAME <MATERIAL NO>

OBJECT 'MATERIAL'

Message was edited by: Ashish Gundawar

0 Kudos

how do I get the following from FM READ_TEXT:

ID, Name, Object.

I was also told that READ_TEXT can be used to read purchase order text as well.

The screens for creating texts appear to be same. When I create internal comment, it has nothing to do with purchase order text, right? I just want to be on the right track.

Regards,

Fred.

0 Kudos

ok, I'll try that Ashish.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

If you see my earlier message

Parameters for READ_TEXT

CLIENT 010

ID 'IVER'

LANGUAGE EN

NAME <MATERIAL NO>

OBJECT 'MATERIAL'

ID, NAME and OBJECT are the specific parameters. They are different for each category. And as per the category value passed in parameter NAME varies.

Hope this will help you.

Do not forget to award points if this helps.

0 Kudos

yes. it is just comment related to material.

with the above mentioned parameters you can read the text.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Yes, thanks Ashish, the FM works. But can I ask how to get ID, Name, Object and Name?

Suppose I need Purchase order text?

regards,

fred.

0 Kudos

You can get them From Tables STXH and STXL.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

STXL tables stores all these details.

On any Document Text screen, if you go in detail mode and follow menu path GOTO --> HEADER, it will open a pop up window which has all these details.

Usually Text name is Document no in case of Header text.

For Item Text it is concatenations of Document no and Item no.

But you can always follow this idea and get the details. Then use fm READ_TEXT and get the text in program.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Check this link..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/ff/515f0249d811d182b80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Quoted from SAP help..

Maintaining Basic Data Texts, Inspection Texts, and Internal Comments

Access the material master record in Create or Change mode and choose Additional data ® .

You have the following options:

Creating a new text

If a text of the text type has not yet been maintained, the system creates a blank text in the logon language. If you want to create a text in another language, choose Create text and specify the language in the dialog box that appears. Then enter your text as required. For more word-processing functions, choose Editor to enter your text in SAPscript. For information on how to use SAPscript, see the SAP library documentation BC Word-Processing in the SAPscript Editor.

If you have already created a text and want to use it to create a text in another language, choose Create text and specify the language in which you want to create the text, and the language of the text you want to use as a reference. You can then overwrite the reference text in the new language.

Changing an existing text

Select the language of the text you want to change, and change the text as required.

Deleting an existing text

Select the language of the text you want to delete, and delete the text by choosing Delete text.

Choose the next function you want to perform, or save your data.

regards

vijay