Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAPers,

I´m new on IDoc, so I need somebody to help me.

I wish know how can I find where an IDoc is "generated". That is, where the MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE function is called.

My issue is an IDoc generated during the purchase order process (I guess that in the MIRO), I´ve already tried debug and stop in the above function without sucess.

Any help is welcomed.

Thanks,

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

krishnendu_laha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

This function moudle is called only with change pointers means when master data get changed or created.

Try with IDOC_INBOUND_WRITE_TO_DB or ALE_FTCH_DATA_SEGMENTS_OF_IDOC function modules.

Set break points and try with the same process.

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Krishnendu

7 REPLIES 7

krishnendu_laha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

This function moudle is called only with change pointers means when master data get changed or created.

Try with IDOC_INBOUND_WRITE_TO_DB or ALE_FTCH_DATA_SEGMENTS_OF_IDOC function modules.

Set break points and try with the same process.

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Krishnendu

0 Kudos

Hi Krishnendu,

The debug didn't stop in these functions too.

I don't understand so well about IDoc, but what I've, corrects me if something is wrong, is an IDoc (outbound) that is generated in a BADI or an USEREXIT, during the MIRO.

I need know what's this EXIT or BADI, to make some modifications in the information that is passed to IDoc.

Thank you and if you know anything more to help me, I would appreciate.

Regards,

Charles

0 Kudos

>

> Hi Krishnendu,

>

> The debug didn't stop in these functions too.

>

> I don't understand so well about IDoc, but what I've, corrects me if something is wrong, is an IDoc (outbound) that is generated in a BADI or an USEREXIT, during the MIRO.

>

> I need know what's this EXIT or BADI, to make some modifications in the information that is passed to IDoc.

>

> Thank you and if you know anything more to help me, I would appreciate.

>

>

> Regards,

> Charles

There is a Concept called Message Control , Here Output type is attached to the IDoc message type and IDoc type. You will maintain this In WE20 partner profile part , in the outbound section.

and at the same time you will maitain the Output type in NACE ,

In NACE you will Configure the output type with medium as ALE/IDOC or EDI

and Program RSNASTED , i am not sure what is used in your case ? , it may be same or it may be Different and custom one.

you go to program RSNAST00 ,

in this you can go to line # 1327 ,

perform (tnapr-ronam) in program (tnapr-pgnam) using returncode

us_screen

if found.

here you keep a break point. and Go to MIRO tigger the output type. if it stops well and good.

if not start Debugging using /H in the messages screen , and Trigger the output by saving it.and then activate the Update Debugging from Menu Debugging->Update Debugging

then F8. it will stop exactly the above perform , and there you check.

and also if you know the output type you can check the Medium and Program used for processing the output.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Here, in release ECC 6.0, the things are a little different, but I´m able to continue from your tip.

Thank you.

Regards,

Charles

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

use we02 or we05 transactions to check the idocs generated.

also reprocess an existing idoc frm bd87 in debugging mode to find out from where it is being triggered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check idoc generation in we02 . and if u want to reprocess it u can do in BD 87 and we19

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gautham and Shweta,

I guess you guys didn't understand what I need.

My IDocs have been generated and I can see them in WE05 or whatever.

About BD87, can you give more informations, including if it will work in my case (see above post to more details).

Thanks,

Charles