Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the 'TEST' function of BAPI

former_member220801
Participant
0 Kudos

I have run a BAPI function 'BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE' using 'TEST FUNCTION MODULE'.

The process is successful and I can see the return material doucment number and year.

However, when I search the table MKPF, no such document exists.....

It seems that a document no. has been used but no such document is really created...as when I create a material document manually using transaction code MIGO, a doucment with doc. no. = that return by BAPI by using test function module + 1.

I want to know is there any way to commit the transaction created by test function module? and it is wierd that it makes my document number becomes discontinue....

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can do this way..

go to Menu <b>Function module -> Test -> TEst sequence</b> there you can get the popup, just give the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT in that.

and say enter, then run the FM.

regards

vijay

3 REPLIES 3

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can do this way..

go to Menu <b>Function module -> Test -> TEst sequence</b> there you can get the popup, just give the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT in that.

regards

vijay

0 Kudos

you can do this way..

go to Menu Function module -> Test -> TEst sequence there you can get the popup, just give the

your bapi first, then

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT in that.

regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gundam,

whenever you use TEST facility, the changes are never committed to the database. However, you loose the serial number because of Serial Number Range Object. Once you take a number of the object, that number is lost and that is why you are missing the sequence.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : please reward the posts that help you.