Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quan field displaying astrisk

former_member683747
Participant
0 Kudos

While displaying a quantity type field, I can see that the value 467.00 is displayed in the smartform as *7.00. the field lv_joint type zqm_diameter ( quan13 and decimal points3) is defined in the global definition. While debugging I can see the value as 467.00 but when it's displayed I can see that the value is *7.00. Do I need to define it in reference type as well? If so how do I defined it there??

10 REPLIES 10

touzik_itc
Active Participant

Please check formatting options. A number of pre-decimal places is not sufficient to display a number.

0 Kudos

It's allowing values 28.600 to be displayed correctly but for 467.000 it is showing *7.00. could you tell me where to check fir the formatting options??

0 Kudos

Try &lv_joint(8)& (6 digits + decimal separator + sign). Please check SAP note 2310409 - Total page number is displayed as '*' in SmartForm handling a similar issue.

0 Kudos
Priya Kamath As you say that 28.600 displays well, but not 467.000 (instead of 467.00 in the question), I guess the current Output Length is 7, and you should increase it to the maximum possible (as it's numeric with max 13 digits, with decimal point + maybe sign character = at least 15).

0 Kudos

Thank u all for the solutions. However, have resolved the issue by myself.

Solution : to move the quant field into character field and condense it and display.

Eg .

Lv_char type char25.

Lv_char = lv_joint.

Condense lv_char.

And display.

0 Kudos

Nice to hear that the problem was solved.

Probably WRITE ... TO would be a better solution in this case, because a number is converted according to the currect locale.

WRITE lv_joint TO lv_char LEFT-JUSTIFIED.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's what is happening when you define an Output Length of 6. Increase the output length so that it can display all the digits of your QUAN-type field. Search Output Length in the forum or in ABAP help if you don't know what it is.

former_member683747
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra, the output length is 13 digits and 3 decimal points. Still the error persists. Kindly suggest

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, it seems that you don't know what Output Length is. It's always a number of characters, saying it's 3 decimal points is non-sense. In your case, it's definitely 6 characters, increase it. For more information, search Output Length in the forum or in ABAP official doc.

former_member683747
Participant
0 Kudos

The data element I am using to display lv_joint is zqm_diameter whose length is 13 and has decimal places of 3 and the data type is quan. I am clearly not able to understand that if the length is 13 why do I have to increase it to 6. Kindly read through my concern thoroughly before answering.