Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing User Exits ME27

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all -

I am trying to find a user exit that will allow me to update a field in EKPO from transaction ME27 (specifically, field RESLO) - BEFORE the user hits the save button.

EXIT_SAPMM06E_016 (in exit MM06E005) is at the appropriate place for what I need but unfortunately only allows me to modify the fields in the customer include for EKPO. not the standard table fields. EXIT_SAPMM06E_012 would allow me to update the data I need to update but is unfortunately too late - I want to update this data PRIOR to the user pressing the save button.

I have found a BADI definition that will allow me to do what I want - ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST - but unfortunately I am only appearing to hit it from the Enjoy transactions (ME21N, ME22N, etc) - not ME27.

Does anyone have any idea if what I am looking for is possible? I'm racking my brain and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Abby

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try updating the table <b>TEKPO</b> and did you also try updating <b>I_EKPO</b> in that FM <b>EXIT_SAPMM06E_016</b> ?

Which fields would you want to update, header / item / accounting /etc.. ???

When you mention , EKPO, I believe, you just want to update item level.

From your description, I also understand that you want to display a standard field differently, but that field should get stored in the table, as it is.

In the table it should be stored as X , but you want to display it as f(X) = Y. Is this correct ?

Perhaps, you can use a conversion routine in the domain.(However, I also understand that, that would be changing SAP standard domain element. This is ruled out then).

Hopefully, I have not confused you.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

0 Kudos

I tried updating table TEKPO (which isn't populated the first time you hit this exit on initial creation of the PO/STO) - but no joy. Additionally no joy on updating via I_EKPO - probably because it's an import parameter (although there may be a way of using an import param to update that I'm not aware of??)

I'm not looking to just change the way the field is displayed, but actually change the contents of the field itself. For example, when the receiving plant is 'A' and the company code is 'B', I want to set the field EKPO-RESLO to 'C'. And once I've changed that field I want my changes to be stored in the dbase, once the PO/STO has been saved.

0 Kudos

Hi Abby,

I just checked the EKPO table, and I could not find RESLO field. (could because of some AOP's or CRT's, nevermind).

I don't think , SAP would allow you to change standard fields using User-Exits, that you have mentioned. However, you can create a <b>field-exit</b> for that field you have mentioned and put your validations there.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

0 Kudos

Thought y'all might want to know that I ended up having to use the BADI - I could not find a user exit to do what I needed to do (probably because the field RESLO is only available in the Enjoy transactions anyway). As far as I'm aware there are no user exits to accomplish this task.

0 Kudos

Abby, how were you able to use the BADI through ME27? I am finding the BADI is not called with the older non-enjoy transactions and would like to know if there is a way to change that.