Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming in ECATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Is it possible to do some ABAP coding in ECATT as we do for BDC program ? IF yes let me know the procedure .

We are using SAP 4.7 version.

Regards,

Chaitanya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> HI ,

>

> Is it possible to do some ABAP coding in ECATT as we do for BDC program ? IF yes let me know the procedure .

>

> We are using SAP 4.7 version.

>

> Regards,

> Chaitanya

Hi Chaitanya,

You can do ABAP coding inside eCATT editor.

All the coding part should like between command ABAP .......ENDABAP.You can write any ABAP code within this part.

ABAP.

Your code.

ENDABAP.

Important note : All the variables using inside should be local .

Hope this info helps.

Regards,

SSN.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> HI ,

>

> Is it possible to do some ABAP coding in ECATT as we do for BDC program ? IF yes let me know the procedure .

>

> We are using SAP 4.7 version.

>

> Regards,

> Chaitanya

Hi Chaitanya,

You can do ABAP coding inside eCATT editor.

All the coding part should like between command ABAP .......ENDABAP.You can write any ABAP code within this part.

ABAP.

Your code.

ENDABAP.

Important note : All the variables using inside should be local .

Hope this info helps.

Regards,

SSN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

eCATT runs in a system based on SAP Web Application Server 6.20 or higher. However, you can use this system to test systems with Release 4.6C or higher.

ECATT allows looping and conditional processing. You can also include ABAP instructions within inline ABAP blocks. Inline ABAP allows you to access the power of the ABAP language from within the ECATT environment.

Inline ABAP

Statements inside an ABAP...ENDABAP block are not checked when you choose.

You cannot use ECATT statements inside inline ABAP. You can assign values to and from ECATT local variables.

In this example, you use ABAP to read a record from a table, and assign the contents of a field of that record to a local variable.

1.Create a local variable call NAME and of type C.

2.Add the following lines to the script:

ABAP.

DATA wa_lfa1 TYPE lfa1.

SELECT SINGLE * FROM lfa1 INTO wa_lfa1.

NAME = wa_lfa1-NAME1.

ENDABAP.

LOG ( NAME ).

3.Execute the script and examine the log.

Inline ABAP blocks are independent of each other. You can test this by adding the following code to your test script:

ABAP.

Data new_name(128) type c value 'test'.

• new_name = wa_lfa1-NAME1.

Name = new_name.

ENDABAP.

LOG ( NAME ).

An asterisk at the beginning of a line denotes a comment line. The line is displayed in blue in the command editor. Comment lines are never executed, but they are recorded in the log. Try executing the test script with and without the asterisk.

The script generates an error in the second case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We can write In Line ABAP codes within in ABAP .... ENDABAP ... statement.

We can also write the ABAP code within a program and call the program from the script.

Thanks & Best regards,

Ajay

venkatesh_sakthivel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I hope you are aware of eCATT testing tool.In simple words,it is test the SAP R/3 world using the inbuilt commands provided by the eCATT tool.

But certain checks,retreiving value from the table,mapping the dynamic values etc. could not be handled with this GUI features or the existing eCATT commands.In those cases,it is recommended to use Inline ABAP command where you can code in ABAP to get what you want.I hope there is a limitation in this as well. you cant use all the programming terms of general ABAP programming.

Regards,

Venky