Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program execution time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have created a report which inlclude posting dates. if i enter the period of 1 year it takes abt 3 mins. to execute it, as i tried the same in table from where the data comes , the table is aslo taking almost same time but it will not do, so just plzz tel me that is there any tips or trick so that i can reduce this execution time..??

thanx..

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Just check for basic performance issues.. and try to avoid them...

like.. mulitple selects on the same table.. loop within loop.... looping on a table and deleting the same table....... check for not initial condition before doing 'for all entries'.....stuff like these... .and also check whether its possible to go for alternative database tables as wel...

0 Kudos

>

> Hi...

>

>

> Just check for basic performance issues.. and try to avoid them...

>

> like.. mulitple selects on the same table.. loop within loop.... looping on a table and deleting the same table....... check for not initial condition before doing 'for all entries'.....stuff like these... .and also check whether its possible to go for alternative database tables as wel...

thanx, but its taking same time if i use by se11 and see it by giving same conditions in it. so there is no prob of loops... and im using only two select statement and using the table only once..

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u have tried all the things and now you are out of options then last option is

Create Index for the table

Hope this will solve your problem...

Regards

Sas

0 Kudos

>

> If u have tried all the things and now you are out of options then last option is

>

> Create Index for the table

>

> Hope this will solve your problem...

>

> Regards

> Sas

thanx..

can u tel me in bit details abt creatng index plzz...

thanx....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SE30 enter ur report name and execute, once it is done click analyze it will show the analysis of execution that whether database hits are taking more time or ur abap statements or the system,

Once u see the analysis then u can concentrate to reduce the performance overhead of that particluar part.

кu03B1ятu03B9к

0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Goto SE30 enter ur report name and execute, once it is done click analyze it will show the analysis of execution that whether database hits are taking more time or ur abap statements or the system,

> Once u see the analysis then u can concentrate to reduce the performance overhead of that particluar part.

>

> кu03B1ятu03B9к

thanx its the database which is taking the maximum time.. so whats next...?

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Check these imp. blogs for basic performance issues:

The SQL Trace (ST05) u2013 Quick and Easy

The ABAP Runtime Trace (SE30) - Quick and Easy

Sachin

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

First send us your select query with out seeing which its very dificult to draw the solution. There might be many reasons for performance issues. Suppose a select in CDHDR/CDPOS table u can't improve much by what ever care u take.

A select on BSEG can be improved by getting data from index tables BSAD/BSID/BSAK/BSIK table.

So first post ur query.

Thanks,

Vinod.

0 Kudos

>

> Hi Nilesh,

> First send us your select query with out seeing which its very dificult to draw the solution. There might be many reasons for performance issues. Suppose a select in CDHDR/CDPOS table u can't improve much by what ever care u take.

>

> A select on BSEG can be improved by getting data from index tables BSAD/BSID/BSAK/BSIK table.

> So first post ur query.

>

> Thanks,

> Vinod.

thanx..

this is query..

select budat belnr into (itab-budat,itab-belnr) from bkpf
where budat between  budat-low and budat-high and bukrs in bukrs

0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems this is select andselect. Replace this with FOR ALL ENTRIES logic.

Always make sure that where clause fields matches with the order they appear in data base

So try with below quesy. If doesn't get much improvement then use for all entries logic.

select budat belnr into (itab-budat,itab-belnr) from bkpf

where bukrs in bukrs AND budat between budat-low and budat-high.

Do you have data in bukrs and budat? If not u can't improve much. Because if first key field of table is empty then it takes long time.

Check these and get back.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok