Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with New Transaction code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a program in BW to output the contents of a table. When I run it from SE38, it runs fine and outputs the result. I would like to run it from a custom TCODE to be able to run it from there.

I created a TCODE ZCTS and entered the Program name in the field. Assigned a screen name, Transaction text and selected the entries in the Classification window... When I save it and run it, It takes me to the Selection window. But, when I execute it, it will not execute. it does not give any error and takes me to the Selection screen. I did not select anything for the "Authorization object"...Do we have to create a new object or can we anything from the existing list? What values should we use for the "ACTVT" field ?

Or Do I have to make any other settings to make it work?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Gova

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You don't have to enter anything in the authorization object. What type of transaction have you selected?

You should have gotton a popup with 5

selections via radio button.

Program and screen(dialog...

Program and selection screen(report...

Method of class(OO transaction)

etc..

etc..

Did you choose the second option?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

3 REPLIES 3

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You don't have to enter anything in the authorization object. What type of transaction have you selected?

You should have gotton a popup with 5

selections via radio button.

Program and screen(dialog...

Program and selection screen(report...

Method of class(OO transaction)

etc..

etc..

Did you choose the second option?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks Rich. I had the first screen selected.

Gova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SE93. Enter your transaction code and choose "Change". Once inside, choose the menu option "Edit-->Change transaction type".

In the pop-up window, choose the radio-button for "Report Transaction".

My guess is that when you created the transaction code, you chose the default option "Dialog Transaction".

Regards,

Srinivas