Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with database records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, there is a problem with database record changing and deleting.

We are doing some project with PDM system, and PDM system uses java to fill database entries into our transparent table. However, when using se11 to modify or delete these entries, the system gives MO426/MO427 'Error when deleting database record' / 'Unable to write database record' message.

What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

I would not suggest to delete or modify using SE11 Transaction,always we create new transaction to delete or modify,why don't create one dialog program,use that program to delete or modify.

before deleteing or modifying use lock object,so that particular record will be locked,then you can modify or delete.

Thanks

Seshu

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, but my problem appears very strange.

The entries cannot be modified/deleted via either se11 or ABAP program using insert/modify key words.

I suppose the entries themselves are illegal to SAP system cause they are from outside the SAP system. But I cannot find why they are illegal.

Anyone has suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a custom table that you are writing to, or is it standard table? Also, what mechanism you are using to insert/update/delete the records from the database table?

0 Kudos

It is truely a customer table. And the entries inserted are from java environment using JDBC method directly with the database level, not using any SAP interface.

We think maybe the entries are with some sort of illegal characters. We cannot change nor delete, but the PDM system can.

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try maintaining the table maintenace for that and then use SM30 tcode for modifying or delting if it is custom table.