Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with table maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I added a new field in a customized table and I regenerated the table maintenance. When I checked the table in SM30, I noticed that 1 field (one column) has a column name of '+' instead of the correct header name. What happened to this and how will I correct it? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first go to se51 and give the name of the program it start with SAPL+FUNCTIONMODULE NAME and give the screen no what u r giving in sm30.

go for layout u will find the symbol + instead of field name u double click on that give the field name and description and activate it and go to sm30 u check it u will find the field insted of +

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go the screen painter and you can edit the field label.

Reward if helpful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Can you advise on how to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Katchak,

Please check the dataelement used for the particular field if it has the required header(Transaction SE11). If yes, than you can check the view via screen painter Se51-54.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. the data element used is dats. Before I regenerated the table maintenance the column has a correct header. After the regeneration, the header name of that field became '+'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the data element in se11 and maintain the field label. delete the table maintainence generator and generate again.

+ will come when a field label is not maintained.

Let us know if this solved the problem.

Regards,

Suman.

Message was edited by: suman varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

R u there ? Can u explain u the steps now ??

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Katchak,

Here we go....

Go to Tx. SE54, enter your view name. You`ll have the details like view name, func.group name and Screen details like OVERVIEW SCREEN AND DETAIL SCREEN. You`ll have screen numbers assigneed to them, now double click on the Overview Screen Number --- you`ll be taken to flow logic -- go the layout and in change mode double click on ur new field name --- change the label. Now you`re done with your objective.

I`m sure it would be helpful hence reward points.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first go to se51 and give the name of the program it start with SAPL+FUNCTIONMODULE NAME and give the screen no what u r giving in sm30.

go for layout u will find the symbol + instead of field name u double click on that give the field name and description and activate it and go to sm30 u check it u will find the field insted of +

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow this steps to get correct header name.

1.In SE11 Go to Utilities -> Generate Table Maintenance or goto Transaction SE55 Give your table name.

2. In Goto Menu Environment->modification->Maintenance screen.

3. Now you will get 2 options in that select View Maintain.

4. you will get flow logic screen , now select layout in that and modify the header name ans save it.

Hope you will get the result.

with regards,

Ram.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Katchak

In the table maint dialog generator go to menu "Environment" -> "Modifications" -> "Screens".

There you can modify the generated dynpro and add the missing text.

The reason for the "+" is that in the data element there are no field descriptions defined.

Regards

Uwe