Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SAP script message settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one FORM: having script maintained for different languages.

The main language is ENGLISH for this form.

There is an include statement which pick up standard text maintain in SO10 t.code.

include statement is:

INCLUDE ZPUR_EPP_FMMPO_1 OBJECT TEXT ID ST LANGUAGE &EKKO-SPRAS& PARAGRAPH S3

which picking up language for germany it is showing message :

INCLUDE TEXT ,ZPUR_EPP_...,ST ,D is not available.

As text has not been maintained in SO10 transaction for germany language.

Similarly for language PT has also not been maintained in SO10 transaction.

but this picks up the text which has been maintained for language EN. (i guess it might be default. which has been maintained some where.)

Can any body help me in this where does this defination has exactly given?

Help me out it is urgent!!

11 REPLIES 11

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the conten in field <b>&EKKO-SPRAS&.</b>

also check <b>spelling</b> of inlcude text and the text which is maitained in SO10 with same language.

If u r not using <b>same client</b> then u have to attach standard text to request using program <b>RSTXTRAN</b> and then tranfer to corrosponding client usin trasaction <b>SCC1</b> that text element.

regards

vinod

0 Kudos

No actually this is not my doubt...

My doubt is how for german it is not picking up the language: EN by default if it has not been maintained in SO10 transaction.

Where as for same case for French language it is picking up defaul as En

0 Kudos

while debugging the Script i found that EKKO-SPRAS value is german for germany and french for france...

0 Kudos

Chinmay,

It might be a data issue, the user might have logged in with EN but have typed in GERMAN.

Just go into SO10 and take a look at the german text, you will probably see it.

regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to hardcode that value to 'EN' and see what is coming.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

No,

in the script it is automatically picking up the language EN by default for rest of the language if there is not maintain any thing for respective language except EN.

But incase of german language it is not happening.

why?

so is there any place it has been defined except german that if the standard text is not being maintained foe corresponding language then it will pick up EN....how?

Do we have any solution where we can find out the setting where the defination is there that default language for those language is EN if the corresponding language text has not being maintained..

0 Kudos

Hi,

if you don't maintain the text in different language then it won't come. but if you maintain them in all languages then definitely it will pick . are you sure German language text is not there , but even it is showing in german.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

I am giving example:

So10 maintainance: for English only

for french: picking up the text in EN

for japanese: picking up the text in EN

but for

for germany: not picking up any thing

why???

0 Kudos

Yeh i got what you are telling, may be because SAP implemeted by Germans, it is doing like that.

Just Kidding..

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any body has solution for this?

please help me out.... for the above case.

0 Kudos

Have you copied the layout from a standard SAP Script layout which has original language DE and changed the original language of the copied layout to EN?