Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SAP Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to transfer some records from internal table field (type string) to SAP Directory(AL11) Directory: /sapmnt/CRD/qoutsap, some of the records are very large (around 800 characters). for larger record it is not displaying the complete string, it is displaying only upto 513 char. but when I am downloading same data (from same internal table) to my local system using GUI_DOWNLOAD function. it is displaying correctly. can any body tell me what could be the reason for this problem.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the same problem where we needed to show more than 1000 character, but it was showing only 513.

It will not create any problem.

When you download, you will get full length.

Please check with your basis team, they may help you.

Regards

Shiva

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot view the whole length on the appl server...But can view the same when downloaded...

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had the same problem where we needed to show more than 1000 character, but it was showing only 513.

It will not create any problem.

When you download, you will get full length.

Please check with your basis team, they may help you.

Regards

Shiva

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

thanks for your reply. I am not able to see the whole part the record even after downloading it.

I am using System->list->Save->Local File to download it.

thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi

Use transaction CG3Y to download and to see the records in text file use editplus to see all the records

Thanks

Shiva

0 Kudos

Hi shiva,

Transaction CG3Y is not available in my system. I am using SAP CRM 4.0 Syatem. Is there any other way to download it.

Thanks,

Amit