Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using the bapi BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS to change the statuses of WBS elements and projects on a mass scale.

The BAPI works fine for Projects but when I am trying to change the status of wbs element (which has some lower level wbs elements) from 'Released' to 'Technically completed' , then the status is changed for all wbs elements including the lower level.

I dont want this to be happen. I want to change only the status of parent WBSE.

Is there a way I can do this. Points will be rewarded for your help.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandrasekaran,

We can not control this using this BAPI.

Thanks,

Greetson

0 Kudos

Hi Greetson,

Thanks for your reply.

I guess its something to do with Settlement rule. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The issue is when I am passing a WBS which happened to have some lower level elements the status is changed for all but the parent wbs element is alone getting displayed in my report. I want ti display all the wbs elements for which the status had been changed.

I used the bapi BAPI_PROJECT_GETINFO to get the hierarchy details of a wbs element thinking that I can populate the lower level ones and append it to my internal table. But we can't pass multiple wbs elements OR can't call the bapi inside a LOOP statement. So can't use this for multiple WBSE status change.

Is there a way out ? Again thanks for your help.