Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Uploading TEXT field for PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using FM 'GUI_UPLOAD ' for uploading text file .

There are three coloumns in my text file ie(PR number, item and TEXT id (long text) seperated by TAB

As there are long text in the last coloumn and in between there are tab space i was unable to get the entire text

To over come that problem , i have used multiple coloumn in the internal table of input table so that even if there are tab space

i can store it in the other coloumn .

But the problem is when im using FM"BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE" and passing the table by breaking into 132 charactes

in requisition_item_text im completely , getting different format.

I mean the format of the uploaded text is completely messed up.:(

Please help.

Regards,

Chandan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

HIII Chandan,

When we use GUI_UPLOAD function module

Call function GUI_UPLOAD

Exporting

Filenmae = "the one which we are passing on to selection screen" should be of type File name

i.e IBIPPARMS-PATH.

It is of type char and size 128

So i think this is the reason u r unable to transport the data

0 Kudos

Since the text field in your file can have TABs in between its better to use the pipe delimiter and then split the data.

This can resolve your issue easily otherwise you'll struggle a lot to split the data on file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Do not have any tab in the item text contents. Take a string variable and in the program when you are preparing the bapi values for text, break the text at ~70 chars (though it has size of 132 chars) because in the display in ME53n, it breaks at ~70 chars.

I tried in SE37, seems to be working fine, should help.

Regards,

Shyam.