Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in updating table's CDHDR and CDPOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert's ,

I have created one z' transaction code to update the VIEW name ZV_PO which is the combination of three tables: EKKO, EKPO and EKKN. These tables are getting updated with the changed values. But one thing the sap standard tables CDHDR and CDPOS are not getting updated .

Can any one please tell me , whether updating on VIEW's will not make update in the sap standard tables CDHDR and CDPOS as the activition log will not be there in VIEW's compared to table's and how to make it the changes reflected in the table's CDHDR and CDPOS.

Points will be rewarded 100%.

Thanks in advance .

Ashok

Edited by: ASHOK on Mar 17, 2008 11:56 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not so sure if it's a good idea to update these tables other than through the standard transactions, but let's assume you know exactly what you're doing.

CDHDR and CDPOS for purchasing documents are written by function module EINKBELEG_WRITE_DOCUMENT. You would need to call it from your view maintenance to achieve the desired result. Check the where-used-list for this function to see how the SAP Standard is calling it.

Also have a look at transaction SCDO object EINKBELEG, you can see there that additional tables are involved which might be important.

Cheers

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not so sure if it's a good idea to update these tables other than through the standard transactions, but let's assume you know exactly what you're doing.

CDHDR and CDPOS for purchasing documents are written by function module EINKBELEG_WRITE_DOCUMENT. You would need to call it from your view maintenance to achieve the desired result. Check the where-used-list for this function to see how the SAP Standard is calling it.

Also have a look at transaction SCDO object EINKBELEG, you can see there that additional tables are involved which might be important.

Cheers

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply . Can you please little bit brief about view maintanance and the transaction SCDO object EINKBELEG.

When i looked into the transaction SCDO i could seen the following tables ,

EKEK

EKES

EKET

EKKN

EKKO

EKPA

EKPO

KONVC

Kindly Liitle brief about your solution .

Assured Points 100% !

Thanks in advance for your support!

With Best Regards,

Ashok

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

sorry I cannot give you a complete solution here. As I already mentioned, I find it quite unusual to update EKKO etc. with your own transaction, rather than leave that to the SAP standard transactions. Now if you still insist on having your own maintenance view for these tables, you would need to read the contents before update into internal tables and then feed these together with the contents after update into function EINKBELEG_WRITE_DOCUMENT, which will in turn update CDHDR and CDPOS.

At your own risk from here onwards.

Cheers

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

Generally speaking , let us assume I am updating custom fields that is appended to standard SAP tables (EKKN) . Whether this is the reason the change log is not updated in CDHDR and CDPOS table's ?

If so , Any solution for that !

Thanks in Advance .

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

check in table DBTABLOG ...