Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Table maintenance generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have Add a field in a Z table now its needed to make new "Table maintenance generator"

Of this table. But when I delete the old Table maintenance generator it gave a pop-up message

"Transport objects from package ZSD to target ECQ only"

and it is not going to deleted. whats the prob??????????????

Thanks & Regards,

Shri

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just try this go to SE14 database utility and ajdust it and save and acitivty it..

and come back to ur table save and acitvited it. and deleted the table maintance generator.

i hope this will resolve ur problem

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just try this go to SE14 database utility and ajdust it and save and acitivty it..

and come back to ur table save and acitvited it. and deleted the table maintance generator.

i hope this will resolve ur problem

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Now i have done all activity according to you. but still i am facing same problem.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with your basis team, your package has some specific transport layer. They can change the package or you can change the package of the dialog maintenance via SE03 or SE80.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever u add a new Field to a table first of all you have to adjust the database...

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps....

1. Goto se11 -> give table name --> Change and goto utility --> Database utility activate and adjust save it.

2. Table Maintenance generator ( u can go through se54 also ) and click in change icon a pop will come just click on the new screen fields ( u can click all ) and than all changes will be done automatically no need to craete new screen for that.

Save it and activate it.

It should work.

Regards

Arbind

0 Kudos

Hello Arbind,

I have done all these steps which you have mentioned. but my prob is still remaining.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly you check with the packages bcz all the necessary changes u have done.

Check the transport no and package, if required you change the object directory entry ( I mean create a new request and package for that).

If you get the error again, please ellaborate about it.

Regards

Arbind

0 Kudos

Hello Shri,

First of all you do not need to delete the old TMG. You can regenerate it, but prior to it make sure you have used the SAP Database Utility tool (SE14).

Back to your problem the error might be due to the package you are using. I agree with Raymond, there is some problem with the transport layer. Check with your Basis team

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you......

my problem has been resolved.