Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a screen in which i have placed a table control..this screen has 3 pushbuttons Insert update and delete..I have attached a Tcode to it..

So when i execute this Tcode the table control will show the records from the table ZTLNAMES..

My issue is when i open this Tcode for first time it is showing all the records in change mode, here i can insert,update and delete any record( its working fine..) but when i open this same Tcode for multiple sessions or multiple users only upto the records it is displaying in the change mode but after the records it is showing in display mode here i unable to use insert functionality where is no change mode for a record is available...But for the first time tcode opened i can do insert functionality..

Some experts suggested it is due to Bypass Buffering..Is it so?

Or i have new thought of adding one more pushbutton NEW ENTRIES where if click on it the cursor need to be in change mode after the last record displayed..

Can any one help to write the new entries coding..some code i have written is

For PUSHBUTTON NEW ENTRIES

case sy-ucomm.

when 'NEW ENTRIES'.

describle table ZTLNAMES lines l.

Read table ZTLNAMES index l.

get cursor.....(I don't how to write the code for get cursor...pls help)

endcase.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your problem is all the rows which has no records get into display mode after you have done some action on the screen containing the table control, then that is the way SAP has designed the table control functionality. If you want all the rows in the change mode only, then you will have to append some 50 blank records in the internal table that you are using in table control or the one you suggested i.e. create a new button called NEW ENTRIES and when user clicks it, append a blank record into the internal table.

regards,

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hi mahesh,

Thanks for ur reply...how to achieve it..i m unable to understand what u wrote..

how to append 50 blank record? can u write code??

can u correct the new entries code that i have written ..becos it is not working...

Message was edited by:

ravi kiran kumar

0 Kudos

You can do this -:)

For PUSHBUTTON NEW ENTRIES
case sy-ucomm.
when 'NEW ENTRIES'.
data: x type i.
describle table ZTLNAMES lines l.
x = I + 1.
I = I + 50.
Read table ZTLNAMES index l.