Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in BDC For MR21

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I had written the bdc for mr21 using session method. I am not able to change the standard price using BDC. Recording is perfect. Using transaction mr21 I can change the price but using bdc , it's not changing.It is not giving any error. it gives message that no changes in price have been made.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Atul

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run your BDC generated Session in Foreground and see whatis happening.

0 Kudos

I ran it in foreground only .not giving any error.one message it gives regarding no changes made in price.

0 Kudos

did u check if intended value is getting passed in Price filed.

chnage the price and try again.

May be you have already modified the price manually and trying to modify the saem again.

Enter price different that current price in MR21.

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

field CKI_MR21_0250_NEWVALPR(1) input value is longer than screen field . this message I got for other material. No changes in price.

0 Kudos

check your input. your input is longer that actual screen field length.

to find correct allowable length,

Click F1 on the filed where you are getting this error. go to technical help and from there go to table / structure filed and check the data type and ITS possible length. Correct your input and run it again.

Do some trial and error and you will get.

0 Kudos

these are the details of yor pricing filed.

NEWVALPR VALPR CURR 11 2 Valuation price

0 Kudos

Hi,

In the code check for one thing...

when you are populating the price value in the table use the following code and then check if it works.

data lw_string type string.
write price to lw_string currency currncykey   " here price is the variable which contains the value... and 
"   Currency key is the currency key for the price which you can get from the table where you get the price.
"then

bdcdata-fieldval = lw_string.
append bdcdata.

Just check if this works, As earlier I faced a similar kind of a problem when I did this it was resolved....

Regards,

Siddarth

former_member203501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first run the bdc in the foreground mode or in debugging mode and see where it is going and where it is skipping to change the value...in the bdc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the screen numbers and also the program name for which the screen is called for the price... sometimes what happens is that even though the recording shows some other screen but while the session is executed it comes out with another screen ....

execute the BDC in foreground and when the screen comes for price press F1 on price and then in the new window select technical help... you will get another popup in which program name and the screen number will be there....

just check if its matching with the value you have given in the BDC

Regards,

Siddarth

0 Kudos

Hi,

Table is same ie cki_mr21_0250