Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print PMOrders with SmartForms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, all,

In 4.7 Enterprise, is it <b>not</b> possible to print the Plant Maintenance Orders using the SmartForms technology?

The documentation (OSS Note 11104, specially the "Introduction" part, even though it refers mainly to Production Orders, or the OSS Order 371596) might lead us into thinking that printing these PM Order forms is possible only using the SAPSCRIPT technology.

The SAP Help (The SAP R/3 4.7 Enterprise help, area CS-SE/PM-WOC-MO, in the "Customer Service->Orders" subtree, the subnodes of the following node: "Order Processing: Internal Processing -> Control of an Order -> Shop Papers for Orders -> Settings for Printing Shop Papers" ) might lead to the same conclusion.

The transaction OID1 controlls the settings for printing the PM Order (Print program, form). This also leads to the same conclusion, that PM Orders can be printed (in 4.7 Ent) only with SAPSCRIPT.

Can anybody give me a positive answer on this issue?

Thank you,

Bogdan

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bogdan,

I don't think that statement is true as we have developed SMART Forms for PM in 4.6C itself.

In the transaction OID1, all you have to do is to specify the SMART Form name and the print program name. I guess if you are developing a SMART Form, you will have a custom print program.

So, you need to specify the FORM sub routine in the OID1 which will be dynamically called by the standard code and from there your custom program calls the smart form and prints the relevant info.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Ravi,

What you describe is the standard procedure for using SmartForms instead os SapScript in MM, or SD modules, for instance. But is that true for PM Orders (please take a look at OID1)?

How is the delta printing mechanism supported, in the case of developing a custom SmartForm?

Thanks,

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that should work for the delta print as well.

I looked at OID1 and didn't see any major differences between a first time print and a delta print.

For the SMART Form, as everything is custom, probably you will have identify the changes or copy that part of the standard code and pass the data to the developed smart form.

What do you think?

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

rahulkavuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the link below and award points if helpful

http://www.sapgenie.com/abap/smartforms_detail.htm

Message was edited by: Rahul Kavuri