Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent user from changing the Converted quantity value via MD14.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a new requirement to change transaction code MD14 by preventing a user from changing the 'Converted quantity' value on the the next screen that opens (i.e. screen 0210).

I have looked for an appropriate user exit by searching for all user exits that exist for package MD & MD01. No exits exist for package MD01 and the ones found for package MD do not work accordingly.

I have also looked for all BADI's for this transction and the ones found mostly work before the user can get to make changes to the 'Converted quantity' field & click on the 'Save' command button.

There seems to be no user exit nor BADI that can be used to check user entry when 'Save' command button is clicked via this transaction.

Therefore can anyone help me find a user exit; badi or any other way to either grey out the field called 'Converted quantity' or issue an error message after the user has clicked on 'save' on the second screen (i.e. 0210).

The user should not be able to change the conveted quantity value in order to ensure that the planned qty is always the same after the planned order has been converted into a purchase requisition.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately SAP hasn't provided any usrexit/BADI to make this field input disabled or raise some error/warning message.

I can give you a workaround for the issue.

Goto SE51. Program name: SAPLM61H & Screen Number: 210.

In the PBO module, Go inside the MODULE show_mrp_area.

Double click on PERFORM "READ_T000MD" . Give the main program name as "SAPLM61H".

Click on enhancement (Shift+f4) button.

In the Menu, Edit->Enhancement Operation->Show Implicit enhancement Operations & give the main progrma name as "SAPLM61H".

The system will show you the available implicit enhancement options.

You right click on enhancement options & create your own enhancement implimentation.

Inside the enhancement implimentation, you can place the following code.

loop at screen.

if screen-name = 'MDBA-MENGE'.

screen-input = 0.

modify screen.

endif.

endloop.

This will give you desired functionality. I know this is not the great solution. But you don't have other option.

Regards,

Mahesh Gattu

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Your advice was very helpful. I have created the implementation as directed however it does not get executed and I assume that it's because it's inactive. How can I activate it and ensure that the enhancement is executed as part of the standard transaction?

I have already tried to activate my enhancement via transaction se19 and I have named it with a name that starts with the character 'Z'. Could this be the problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I have managed to activate the enhancement. I have had to delete it and start afresh only this time I first activated it after having checked (Ctrl + F2) without saving it first. In this way the newly added code is activated and executed at runtime.

Thanks again for the helpful directions and advice.