Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO: Warning for tax jurisdiction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement to generate a warning message for tax jurisdiction based on the region entered for a PO(me21n).

The PO is getting created from PR and after that at the run time, i have to compare the region with that of tax jurisdiction.

I have used the BADI ME_PO_PROCESS_CUST and am unable to find the field REGION in the interface(uses EKKO n EKPO tables).

Kindly suggest, how to raise a warning in this case.

I have tried based on address no.(ADRNR) from ADRC table. But, that is not the requirement.

<<Urgency removed by moderator and thread unlocked after 1hour>>

Edited by: kishan P on Jan 17, 2012 12:19 PM

5 REPLIES 5

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PO header you have the adress number ..why cant we use that

Nabheet

0 Kudos

Hi Nabheet,

I need to generate the warning at the item level. At Item level, in delivery address tab, there is a region field and the tax jurisdiction field. I have to compare the region with that of tax jurisdiction since tax jurisdiction takes the first 2 letters of region. if they don't match, then raise a warning at the run time.

Address no. cannot be used, since it is not put manually, it gets generated once the po is saved.

0 Kudos

You can use method PROCESS_ITEM->GET_DATA there you will the adress number in MEPOITEM which you can use for the same.

Nabheet

0 Kudos

Aakanksha,

check the class CL_EXM_IM_ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST and read the sample code

0 Kudos

In MEPOITEM, u get tax jurisdiction field , not the region one. In addition to that, address no. is not to be used according to my requirement.

I want only on the basis of REGION.

I tried using field symbols assigning, standard program name(SAPLMEGUI) and field screen structure to the variable, but it does not take the values and gives dump in the transaction ME22n.

Is there any way out? Kindly help.