Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning:

I have to get maintained a web page all time from a sap system, so finally i have decided to use rfc´s to make the on-line consultings to sap, i know that it depends on the machine and the number of users.

There can be many users at same time, and i don´t have now the system data, but i would like to know if somebody have make something like that and what is the performance of these actions normally or if there is some solution that i am not seeing.

Thanks in advance.

regards

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If an RFC Channel already exists between the client and server the same channel will be used between the systems. Hence, even calling in a loop should not be a problem. But in here the data needs to go one by one through the channel. Try to send them in a table as this goes as one chunk of data.

In case of ASYNCHRONOUS also if you want to receive results then the called system should be up. for this the syntax is

CALL FUNCTION 'FM' STARTING NEW TASK DESTINATION <dest>

PERFORMING <form> ON END OF TASK

EXPORTING

EXCEPTIONS

FORM <form> USING taskname.

RECEIVE RESULTS FROM <fm>

IMPORTING

ENDFORM.

But in any case, the called system should be open for connections.

Try if possible tRFC calls.

<b>Reward points</b>

Regarsd

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will change to idoc solution