Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing values to a dynamic selection screen via a report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following problem and need to seek your expertise urgently.

In my program, I need to call another report by passing in parameters to the selection screen of other report. However, I could not pass values into a dynamic selection screen. I tried to use submit (report) with free selection but do not know how it works.

Currently, I tried calling the function RS_REFRESH_FROM_DYNAMICAL_SEL and FREE_SELECTIONS_RANGE_2_EX. Using the object the first function has returned to me, I tried to append values such as fieldname etc to it. However, I realised the field names of a dynamic selection screen keeps changing. So I would not know how to pass a particular value to a selection field.

Appreciate any help given.

Thanks,

CK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nablan_umar
Active Contributor

Hello CK,

Are you using logical database in your selection screen program attributes? If it is, look at include file DBxxxSEL for parameter named xxxDYNSE where xxx = logical database. Debug the program that has that dynamic selection, and look at field xxxDYNSE. This should give you a hint on how to populate the parameter when you submit the program.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you can change the report you have to call than it is possible to fill all it's selections using

EXPORT s_1 s_2 ... TO MEMORY.

IMPORT s_1 s_2 ... FROM MEMORY.

Best wishes

Vladimir.

nablan_umar
Active Contributor

Hello CK,

Are you using logical database in your selection screen program attributes? If it is, look at include file DBxxxSEL for parameter named xxxDYNSE where xxx = logical database. Debug the program that has that dynamic selection, and look at field xxxDYNSE. This should give you a hint on how to populate the parameter when you submit the program.