Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Error Messages from the Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am involved in closing the projects and its elements. If at some cases cannot be closed I need to pass that to the message log. Is it like normal Messages or is there any other way...

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

With Regards

Leo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member378318
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out the functions available in function group SBAL. New log objects can be created using transaction SLG0 if existing objects are no good to you.

5 REPLIES 5

LucianoBentiveg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you doing this with using userexits?

0 Kudos

No I am not using User Exits, It just using BAPI. I can use the BAPI to return the Error messages, but still if the precommit doesnt run pply due to non-closure of the projects, I need to display the message log.

With Regards

Leo

0 Kudos

Thanx Surbhijeet...I am looking at the FM....So we need to call the FM by just passing the message is that rite...

With Regards

Leo

0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve but if you need to write to the application log take a look at example programs starting SBAL_DEMO_*

Why can you not simply write messages received from the BAPI to standard report output?

former_member378318
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out the functions available in function group SBAL. New log objects can be created using transaction SLG0 if existing objects are no good to you.