Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Changed extended fields using ALE-IDOC to receiving system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please tell me how passing changed extended fields using ALE-IDOC to receiving system can be achieved. Is it possible by Chnage pointer concept.Do i need to do some coading after data enters into receiving system as it is required while creating the entries in database table.

For ex. in matmas05 extended for classification and inspection view and then created using 'CREATION'

related bapi.Do i also need to incorporate the changes by change related bapi or ir can be handled by change pointer concept.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct, changed field values will be handled by Change pointers concept.

Please check: [Activating Change Pointers & Function module to process change pointers|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/78/2178da51ce11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm]

I hope in receiving system also you need to configure BAPI for inbound idoc function module & do the modifications if required, for that you can use the Idoc user exits.

Ravi is correct, sorry i did not mention that point.

Thanks

~Satya

Edited by: Satya suresh Donepudi on Apr 24, 2009 9:42 AM

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct, changed field values will be handled by Change pointers concept.

Please check: [Activating Change Pointers & Function module to process change pointers|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/78/2178da51ce11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm]

I hope in receiving system also you need to configure BAPI for inbound idoc function module & do the modifications if required, for that you can use the Idoc user exits.

Ravi is correct, sorry i did not mention that point.

Thanks

~Satya

Edited by: Satya suresh Donepudi on Apr 24, 2009 9:42 AM

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sanu,

As far as I know, you use Change Pointers when you want to propogate the changes done to the object.

For example, if you implement change pointers concept for material, then whenever you change a material, then those changes will be made in the other system also.

Coming back to your case, you are EXTENDING the IDOC and hence you cannot Use the concept of Change pointers here.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanu,

there is no meaning that creating the change pointer for Recevng system..because any way we are going to process the idoc and update the data base tables.

Chnages pointer are mostly used in Outbound because if some non madatory fields are changed still you want the changes need to reflect in other system the changes pointers are activated .

Regards,

Prabhudas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanu

1) Please tell me how passing changed extended fields using ALE-IDOC to receiving system can be achieved. Is it possible by Chnage pointer concept.

=> Looks like you have extended standard IDOC here. so you need to find User Exit or BADI for the Push program to populate the additional fields. Yes, it is possible thru change pointers as well.

1) Do i need to do some coading after data enters into receiving system as it is required while creating the entries in database table.

=> Yes, as suggested in 1 try finding User Exits/BADIs.

Regards

Shital

0 Kudos

Can you please tell me the method to save the extended field data using change pointer.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the following configurations for change pointers to be generated at the outbound side...

- Activate change pointers generally (txn BD61)

- Activate change pointers for message type (txn BD50)

- Activate change pointers specifically for the field in the message type (txn BD52)

- Release a background job for the program RBDMIDOC to run periodically or as per the requirement, which will process the change pointers generated.

- Make the required changes in the master data (MM02 for material, XD02 for customer and XK02 for vendor) and save it. Automatically change pointers would be generated and processed by the background job released already. Else process them manually using the same program RBDMIDOC(or txn BD21).

~ Bineah.