Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Park and Post Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Am using the park and post workflow WS00400032.

Here after the approver releases the document, posting happens in background. So in the document status, it shows posted by WF-BATCH. But i want this to be the user name of whoever released the document. Is it possible?

I tried removing the background posting by making it a foreground task to be explicitly executed by the releaser. but then also it saves the user name as batch.

what should be done here?

Regards,

Pradhiba

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change in SM59 the logon user from WF_BATCH to the current user. Make sure the current user has sufficient authorization. Look in OSS for a note with WF_BATCH.

0 Kudos

Change the task from a background process to a dialog process. This will use the user ID of the dialog user for posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradhiba,

If you post in the background you are going to get WF-BATCH as the user. But if you look at the top left hand side of the document display screen, you will see the object services control and here you can display who actually made the decision in the workflow log.

Your only other option is to change the database record which I wouldn't advise.

Here we had the same issue, but now all users use the object services model to see who released the document.

Regards

Gareth