Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter in RFC FM

shiva_suvarna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends

While creating RFC FM I want the parameter type 'SHLP_DESCR_T' to be used . I used the statement 'TYPE-POOLS shlp' in top include.

But the 'Type SHLP_DESCR_T is unknown' information message is coming. Can't we use the paramenter defined in type-pools in the rfc FM's.

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether that <i>type really exists</i> in SE11 in the box where the RFC Function Module exists.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

0 Kudos

Hi

This is the type 'SHLP_DESCR_T' defined under type-pool 'SHLP'.

0 Kudos

try using "SHLP_DESCR" instead of 'SHLP_DESCR_T' .

it should work

if you look at the code at SHLP

'SHLP_DESCR_T' is of type SHLP_DESCR .

Regards

Raja

Message was edited by: Durairaj Athavan Raja

0 Kudos

I am using R34.6c .

There is no dictionary element like 'SHLP_DESCR' in this system.

0 Kudos

oh its a dictionary element (SE11) in 4.7

thats the reason why you are getting the error.

you may have to create a structure in SE11 if you want to use it in RFC enabled FMs

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realized, what you are trying to say.

a) You have Type-Pools : SHLP and there is a definition of shlp_descr_t in the given type pool.

b) You want to use the above definition in the parameter section of the function module

It doesn't matter , if it is RFC or a normal function module, you still can't use it. You can only use DDIC structures and the type-pools are not loaded during the compilation of the function module.

You have to explicitly declare that structure in SE11 and use it.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

0 Kudos

I think it is possible with normal FM's .

for example see this FM 'DD_SHLP_GET_HELPVALUES' in R3 4.6c

0 Kudos

yes it is possible with normal FMs, provided you declared the type-pool in the top include.

Shiva, if your question is answered, reward the helpful answers and close the thread.

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Aaah, well there you go. One more thing I learnt today. Thanks for letting me know, Shiva. Well I am blank, now. NOt sure why it does not work for RFC.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

If you have concerns over making a new 'Z' structure only because of declaring one parameter, what you can do is:

First analyse the data type and length etc. you would like to have. See if some standard structure or table is having a field of that type/length, simple refer it for your purpose.

e.g: a table 'TTT' is having a field 'FFF' which has same data type/length which you desire:

your_parameter LIKE TTT-FFF (check 'pass value)

Regards

Ashish Jain

shiva_suvarna
Participant
0 Kudos

Friends

Thanks for the help

Here interestingly i am not getting the radio buttons beside to your replies to provide marks , How it is happening?

What might be the reason , i want to reward you with points guys.

0 Kudos

you will see radio buttons on the left side (under the username ) in the replies other people have given

click on the radio button and wait for it to mark it.

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

I am not getting radio buttons under the user name ,

I know the marks giving procedure because i have given points to my earlier questions, but for this question it is not displaying the radio buttons and it is displaying the radio button under my name in the question.