Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pallet id, carton id, serial no in shipment(urgent)

former_member190312
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am creating a shipment.i have assigned the materials to the shipment. but i have to pack those materials to cartons . then i have to assign some cartons to one pallet.

i got one pallet ID, 4 carton ID & 10 serial numbers.i have to assign these things in my shipment.

let me say,in one pallet, there is 4 cartons.

pallet ID is-----pal_001.

so IDs of cartons under this pallet are

cat_001

cat_002

cat_003

cat_004

inside carton cat_001, there is 10 reals.

for every real there is a serial no.after scan of that real , we will come to know those serial numbers.This 10 reals includes 3 materials.

materials are

afg01

afg02

afg03.

so, for material afg01, there is 3 reals.

for material afg02, there is 4 reals.

for material afg03, there is 3 reals.

one serial number will exist per real.so under material afg01, serial numbers are

serial_001

serial_002

serial_003.

i have to assign these carton id , pallet id & serial numbers to my shipment.plz suggest me how i can assign these things?it is very urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

smita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope the pallet and carton is just a term and it is not reflected in any SAP document. However you may have a packaging material to pack a material and Handling unit concept. You have to do this in a delivery level and not in shipping. I might be wrong, but if you can give me a clear picture, i can try to help you out. Plus Have a chat with your function consultant regd this.

Regards,

Senthil

Message was edited by: senthil kumar

5 REPLIES 5

former_member190312
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want to create shipment in VT01n. i do not know how & where (in VT01n)to use those ids to create my shipment.plz suggest me in detail.

is there any group here in SDN for SAP-SD , MM & PP?

Regards

smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope the pallet and carton is just a term and it is not reflected in any SAP document. However you may have a packaging material to pack a material and Handling unit concept. You have to do this in a delivery level and not in shipping. I might be wrong, but if you can give me a clear picture, i can try to help you out. Plus Have a chat with your function consultant regd this.

Regards,

Senthil

Message was edited by: senthil kumar

0 Kudos

Hi senthil,

yes, u r correct.these things are packaging material & handling unit only.but i do not know how to create & where to crete these things.then i have to assign these things into my shipment while creating shipment order by vt01n.plz suggest me in detail.Very much Thanks for ur help.

Regards

smita

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried attaching a handling unit to a delivery. For example Specify Outbound delivery (Vl01N) , and in the menu -> Extras ->Packing proposal. Try here, i dont have sap access right now. Hope u can try in the meantime.

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prabita or Smita i am confused name,

As you have already worked on Packing the Material in to Boxes and Boxes into Pallets i want to know how u have done this. I am able to create shipment with HU's ( Pallets / Boxes ) , delivery items but i am not able to Pack delivery items into Boxes through IDOC. I am sure that you have solutions for this. Can you give me any inputs. By any chance if you read this then please mail me on manish_s_khare@yahoo.com. Yur help is much arriciated.

Thanks in advance,

Manish Khare