Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page break inside a loop in smart form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one requirement regarding smart form.

I have a long text to print in smart form. but in Long Text, there are NEW-PAGE text in long text.

Requirement is, when we get NEW-PAGE in any line of long text, New page command should get trigger.

Hence I have created new table and using 'READ_TEXT' function module, Long text getting store in the created internal table.

Once we get data in internal Table, I am reading each line and checking the line containing 'NEW-PAGE' text, once we get NEW-PAGE, I am using one command NEW-PAGE on this condition. but when I execute the same, Its gives error

<b>'No Explicit page break possible in TABLE'.</b>

If anybody come across such issues, please mail me, what need to be done to overcome this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Manglesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are reading for the word NEW_PAGE in the table.

So separate the texts into two internal table one is for the text lines before the NEW_PAGE and the other is for the Text lines after the NEW_PAGE .

So now 2 internal tables are there.and you are out of the loop.

So first print the lines of the first internal table.

use Page Break using NEW-PAGE.

then print the second internal tables lines.

Do this and check.hope this may work.

reward if useful

regards,

ANJI

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are reading for the word NEW_PAGE in the table.

So separate the texts into two internal table one is for the text lines before the NEW_PAGE and the other is for the Text lines after the NEW_PAGE .

So now 2 internal tables are there.and you are out of the loop.

So first print the lines of the first internal table.

use Page Break using NEW-PAGE.

then print the second internal tables lines.

Do this and check.hope this may work.

reward if useful

regards,

ANJI

0 Kudos

Hi Anji,

Thanks for youe quick reply.

In the Long text, there would be multiple ' NEW-PAGE' text.

Hence I cann't create two tables and split the data before and after the the NEW-PAGE line.

Thanks

Manglesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Instead of looping ur internal table in 'Table' i.e. instead of using 'Table' node,try this

use 'Loop',i.e. create 'Loop',in that loop ur internal table.

Create one program line in that check for 'NEW-PAGE'.

if it is found set a flag's value to 'X'.

Then create one alternative.On general attributes check the value of flag is 'X' or not.If it is 'X' then under 'TRUE' part create 'Command' part.

Please reward all helpful answers.

regards,

rajesh.

Message was edited by:

RK

0 Kudos

Hi RK,

I have one table, under this table I have multiple data, and in that I have one long text. That Long text data I have taken in one loop and at perticular condition I want explitly page break..

But Since this loop is under one table, I am getting error ' Explicetly page break is not allowed in table.

If you have some idea, pleaes mail me.

Thanks

Manglesh