Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override default TO creation strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to rule out default picking strategy while TO creation using LT03.
for it am trying to use exit MWMTO004.

here i am trying to fetch the corresponding details from LQUA table and then passing same to t_qmat table.

my intention is to rule out default picking strategy and do picking based on Storage unit number.

but I am gettting error

"System cannot find source storage bin".

If any one has possible solution please let me know or if any pne has done this earlier please explain.

Thanks a lot !!

Ankitesh Khare

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankitesh,

What is your current picking strategy in config? is userexit active?

SAP (in ECC 5.0) says that userexit can be active for only 'F' or ' ' picking strategies.

As far as i know, populating T_QMAT from LQUA in the userexit would be sufficient for custom picking strategy.

Thanks

VM

0 Kudos

hi Venkat,

In cofig the strategy is F and the user exit is also active there.

still this is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the issue is not with user exit.

Normally this error comes if you have an incorrect Batch Search Strategy at WM level.

Use below steps -

1. Using tcode OMK1 unassign any Batch search procedure maintained at WM level

2. Be sure that your storage type picking strategy is F

This will make TO to get batches as part of FIFO picking strategy.

Thanks

Anubhav

0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

I tried to check using OMK1 and found that we are not using any batch search procedure..

I have cross checked and found that the picking strategy is F.

I tried to hard code a break point in the exit and found that the control goes again and again into the exit and each time after refreshing Qmat table it is filling same entry in it.

0 Kudos

Ankitesh,

The user exit is triggered for each storage type searchsequence defined.

Check config at SPRO -> Logistics Execution -> WM -> Strategies -> Activate Storage type search

If the system is unable to find a bin for the first storage type, it tries for the next Storage type defined, executing user exit each time. There could be many reasons why it is unable to find a bin, perhaps not enough quantity.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

VM.