Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdue date in IP10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM '/WECWM/CAL_DU_ODU_ESTART_DT' is being used to calculate dates that I can see in IP10. I have to modify the logic of overdue date that is seen in IP10 for a specific business line, so I am going for implicit enhancement to modify the logic. My question is can I create a function module where I copy and modify the logic and call this custom FM at all places instead of standard FM? I am trying to analyse the impact, but any pointers or suggestions would be good.

Regards,

Abhinav

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One option could be to do the implicit enhancement in the standard FM. Copy paste the entire logic that's already there, tweak it as per your requirement and then exit from FM, this way standard logic will not be executed.

If you want this custom logic only from transaction IP10 then ensure your implicit enhancement has the first line IF sy-tcode is IP10 or sy-cprog EQ report name; which ever fits the bill.

This way you will have to do modification at only one place and that too can be restricted for only certain transaction/report.

Regards,

Pranav

0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

I have done exactly the same, but client is not inclined towards implicit enhancement and that is why I am exploring the possibility of custom FM. Any thoughts on that approach?

Regards,

Abhinav

0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

As highlighted by Matthew, replacing a standard FM with custom is a very bad idea-  the most basic reason is that the custom FM will miss out on all the updates that SAP does on that standard FM through different upgrades.

Regards,

Pranav

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if you could replace the standard FM with your own, it's probably a bad idea. Search this site for explanations of why copying a standard FM (or any SAP object) is the last possible thing you want to do to resolve a functionality issue.