Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output related...urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on Thailand output documents. We have "Original Tax Invoice" in the system. We need to create few more output documents viz. "Copy of Tax Invoice", "Original Tax Receipt" and "Copy of Tax Receipt". The layout of all the documents are same except for the change in the heading and few changes in the header.

Please let me know how can I go about creting these? Should I create new output types? or if I use the same output type, how can I control printing of different headings? How many days of effort is required to do all this? Kindly help.

Thanks and Regards,

Netrey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think creating new output types and new associated forms is better option.

In that case you have flexibility of changing the forms in future if required.

For the efforts part you might want to check with your technical team.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think creating new output types and new associated forms is better option.

In that case you have flexibility of changing the forms in future if required.

For the efforts part you might want to check with your technical team.

0 Kudos

Thanks Amruta,

The problem here is, if I can create different output types for original and copy, how can I control printing of copy? I think, the copy should be printed along with the original only; and should not be printed separately. Please guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Netrey.

0 Kudos

You can call in the same place of your program (where you calling to existing form ) to other form as well so both of them will be printed

Regards Yossi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Netrey

If i understood you right,as i see it you have two choices...

1) to copy layout and make changes on copy,creating new layouts

2) to insert conditions in the original layout by which you will be able to choose what kind of title or others different changes you will be using in different situations,so it remains one multipurpose layout.

exmp.

if temp = 'X'.

title = 'Copy of Tax Invoice'.

elseif temp = 'Y'.

title = 'Copy of Tax Receipt'.

endif. (in the layout form you choose a title for form)

amount of work days depends on number of changes... but i believe it can be done in a day or even less(only if Merfy laws will not be applied )

Regards

Yossi

0 Kudos

Thank for ur reply Yossi,

There is a problem in creating different output types, as I have mentioned above. One more thing is, for Receipt output, if the customer makes payment in parts, how can this be controlled in the output?

Thanks and Regards,

Netrey