Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound IDoc PO change - line item confirmation screen data lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm functional speccing at the moment for IDoc processes:

SAP PO create (ORDERS/ORDERS05/ME10)

and change (ORDCHG/ORDER05/ME11) are OK.

My requirement is to have an outbound PO confirmation IDoc going to an external system as ORDRSP/ORDER05/SD10 specifically to transfer the confirmation screen items for a PO line item. The values in the screen may have been added manually or by EDI inbound process (Inbound Delivery) but either way, if only the confirmation screen values for a line item have a changed, then an OUTBOUND IDoc has to be generated with this data.

I have scoured the basic type IDoc (ORDERS05) for reference to the confirmation screen data but I just cannot see where it would be held. The data would be held in table EKES.

Am I using the correct combination of message type/basic type/outbound process code? How would I trigger the IDoc from a change to the confirmation screen lines? I'm guessing change pointers but maybe I'm wrong?

Additionally, the EKPO-LABNR field value may need to be transferred and there does not seem to be a way to populate that field at item level in the IDoc. I have seen elsewhere on the web that people have been considering using the E1EDP02-QUALF field with value '002' (Vendor Number) but thay have also used a question mark to show that they are unsure!! How would I (theoretically) verify that this is the correct thing to do. (I have no configured system to test with!)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Jay

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

Here's what I feel.

When the fields you want to populate are not on the Idoc you wnat to use, check other idoc types.

If that does not help , then maybe depending on your project you might have to add additional segments with those fields ( enhance the existing orders05 ) and use user exits to populate those segments.

As far as Process code FM etc go, if you don't have the fields in that Idoc , its no use what process code you use.

Also if you do not want to enhance the Idoc type , you can figure out fields which are unsed in your idoc type and use fileds which are similar functionality.

I have used totally different fields to populte data, only make sure there is a document out there ( requirements doc. etc ) which explains the need for this and justifies using different fileds.

Best way to go is adding Z segments to your idoc.

regards

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep, thanks for your help.

I did search for an alternative and found PORDCH/PORDCH02 and PORDGD1/PORDGD101. Both have the segments for structure EKES but they are both inbound. I'm looking for an outbound IDoc to be generated from a change of the PO. Both of these are used by the BAPI process code but for inbound.

I can add an outbound entry thru Partner Profile transaction WE20 for the message and basic type but is that enough? Would I need to assign message control as well? In which case I would need to assign a process code - or is my thinking wrong?

Unfortunately, the project I'm working on requires that no developments be done on the SAP system (if at all avoidable).

Jay

0 Kudos

Hi Jayash,

you need to assign message control and in that the process code

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

we also use IDOC to communicate changes in the sales order via EDI.

We transfer every change to the sales order, not only changes in the EKES part.

Can I ask, why you need the confirmation screen information getting transfered with an IDOC? What should be the outcome?

If you need the confirmed quantity and delivery date, then the below solution would be ok. The schedule line of the PO is getting updated according to the information in the confirmation tab automatically.

The outgoing IDOC could then take the information from the schedule line instead. This is included in the ORDERS05 / ORDRSP.

We use basic IDOC type ORDERS05

IDOC type: ORDRSP

Message control: Application V1 / define output type / processing code SD10

Regards,

Tanja