Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OO ALV - Refresh Question

former_member422932
Participant
0 Kudos

I am currently using class CL_SALV_TBALE to display a report, and the user wants the report to refresh every 10 minutes automatically without clicking the refresh button.  Can anyone tell me if this is feasible?

5 REPLIES 5

ŁukaszPęgiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Although it's not the best idea IMO, it's possible with cl_gui_timer.

0 Kudos

Łukasz Pęgiel wrote:

Although it's not the best idea

Why?

0 Kudos

ok, I should ask more details before claiming that, but my experience with such asks from users was usually that they want to run program once and everythime they look on it they want real-time data. I many cases most of data in such refresh is same, so you reselect the same data over and over again. Since I know push channels and messanging channels plus shared memmory then I think it's better to react on changes only and update only this what hss changed.

Additionall, if I remember correctly when you refresh grid then sap gui set focus on it and after some time it will be anoying for user.

But I don't have any info about the report so I should not say It's not the best idea to use auto refresh.

0 Kudos

The report I wrote shows picking and packing data by hour.  We have a 50 to 70 inch TV in our shipping department that the user wants to use to display this report.  Right now the user would need to click the refresh button to refresh the data.  He wants the report to be refreshed  every 10 minutes, without clicking the refresh button.  I am not sure how to go about doing this without user input.  Can the cl_gui_timer class with some other classes be used to simulate pushing the refresh button?

0 Kudos

Yes, you can use cl_gui_timer for that.