Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-Premise OPD Show a printout (message) in the printer functionality of the sales orders

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here's my Requirement, it might help in this case:

1. An order is created.
  2. It might be a commodity and have a goods receipt
  3. It might be a standard material
  4. Then a Truck Dispatch sheet is created.

All that is pretty normal and not any problem at all. Now our system is Hana S4 1709. And we are using OPD for our printing solution. Not nast anymore. Keep this in mind.

Here's the problem:

When the truck dispatch sheet is created - it needs to show up in under the sales output. I can get all the information I need from the sales order. But I can't figure out what to use to link the two programs The sales order and the truck dispatch. The truck dispatch can't be crated at sales time.

Do any of you have a function module or a class I could use so this spool would show up in the sales output? That would help me out a lot. I don't need the entire program just point me in the right direction.

Here's what I've looked at.

WFMC_MESSAGE_SINGLE - just for NACE

I've searched:

• sap opd output
  • sap va01 and z program output
  • I even tried just search for WFMC_MESSAGE_SINGLE to see if there might be a replacement for it.
What I'm currently doing:
  • Debugging sales order output and tracing it too..
  • I have found these classes that look promising:
  • CL_APOC_OR_PARAM_DETERMINATION
  • CL_APOC_OR_H_DIRECT_API
  • CL_APOC_OR_H_UTILITY

Basically all the CL_APOC classes might work. I'm going to continue working with it while hoping someone has already found a general way to fix this. I can pull the sales order information into the program - not a problem. The sales order is already created.

Why?

Our customer service people get questions on the order. They would have to have different access to get to the truck dispatch and they would love to have it right there in front of them. I have thought of just attaching it to the order too. (And that's what I may end up doing.)

1 REPLY 1

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So finally...

I decided to go with a custom pushbutton on Additional data B. It links back to a transaction where The PDF Document is displayed. We already had this custom application.

We do not currently have DMS activated. Once we do, I could have saved the document in DMS.