Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range Issue

former_member594288
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i execute the function module NUMBER_GET_NEXT for the external number range of a business partner i am getting the error "Specify an internal interval". If it is the wrong approach to get the number range value of external number range. Please suggest me how can i get.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor

The function module is only for internal number ranges. Perhaps you should re-read the definitions of internal and external number ranges.

4 REPLIES 4

matt
Active Contributor

The function module is only for internal number ranges. Perhaps you should re-read the definitions of internal and external number ranges.

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello ravi_sdn

matthew.billingham response is probably correct.

However if you really work with external number ranges, then you should use the function NUMBER_CHECK to check if a number is within an external number range. The function is well documented.

Also notice, that in case of external number ranges you don't draw a number from the range. You only check if a user provided number is within the number range. That's is the purpose of external number ranges.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Also please check the number range object at SPRO whather an interval is specified

https://blogs.sap.com/2018/01/28/sap-s4hana-business-partner-same-number-range-for-bp-and-vendor/

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hope that will be useful .