Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Value Character for IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am using IDoc J3AMAT and I encountering a problem when using the IDoc to extend materials to different organizational levels. I have created materials with the IDoc for only basic tabs first. Then I used the same IDoc to extend the views to plant level. Because I have already saved the material with the basic data, such as Base UOM, I should not have to provide that data to the extend. I kept fields like that blank and only filled in values that the plant level required.

I kept being asked for the Base UOM. What I did is pass the u201C / u201C character to that field. I am guessing this is telling the IDoc module to ignore this field and consider it as no data. This seems to work, but I am wondering if this is standard to do.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes this is the way to do it.

Thanks,

Manish

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MIcaheal,

1) You created a material 2) You are trying to extend the materials to other views. This is the right way. If you do not want any fields just leave it as blank. System will fill that blank as / .

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is the standard way in LSMW when you dont want to pass the value to the field, there are following ways to achive this -

1. Put Constant "/" (Null Character") in the field in the step " Maintain field mapping"

2. You can use "/" in you upload file and use MOVE statment in Maintian Field mappin

3. Use IF INITIAL rule in LSMW for the field and keep the field value blank in the upload file, at the time of convert step LSMW will put "/" to all those fields where the values for the field is Blank.

0 Kudos

Hello,

About the third step ef your reply, do you have to specify this for all the filds in the mapping step or is there a function where you can write the code once, using a loop for example?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this topic.