Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Offense Intended

FelixOrtiz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am exploring this technology along with other SAP offerings and the question I have is this.

Why should I and my development staff spend the time and effort learning this technology? 

3 REPLIES 3

alsp80
Participant
0 Kudos

I guess there are some in this space that are discussing why this topic could be important/interesting/beneficial. If you have use cases that could potentially benefit from BOPF then it might make sense to look into it.

My very simplistic answer would be: because it is a central element in the S/4 HANA development model ...

0 Kudos

Thank you for the link and the response.  I was unaware of the S/4 connection, and that changes the evaluation.  My concern with investing in this model was that it would not last.

0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Alexander is right, BOPF will be central development framework in S/4. But even in a Business Suite or on a NW 7.5 stack it makes sense to invest the time for learning the framework. Main reasons: it streamlines the development and it offers out of the box CRUD operations, so you are really fast in building custom applications. Even standard integration is getting easier as SAP ships an adapter integration adapter with NW 7.5.

Maybe this blog post gives you a better high-level understanding:

Cheers,

Martin