Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No of RFc destinations and ports for IDOC transfer

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

I would like to know , for sending a idoc from system A to system B, how many rfc destinations and ports are needed.

In A,

A partner profile is created for system B, pointing to idoc type, port(pointing to rfc destination of B) and rfc destination(for B) .

In B,

Do i need to create a rfc destination and port for system A is it mandatory for idoc transfer?. Because, while sending the idoc, port and partner no of both the sender and receiver should be given.

Pls correct me if i am wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member189059
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One RFC destination is needed on system A pointing to system B

If you make your receiver logical system with the same name as your RFC connection, the ports will get generated automatically in transaction BD64 when you generate partner profiles (Environment -> Generate Partner Profiles

3 REPLIES 3

former_member189059
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One RFC destination is needed on system A pointing to system B

If you make your receiver logical system with the same name as your RFC connection, the ports will get generated automatically in transaction BD64 when you generate partner profiles (Environment -> Generate Partner Profiles

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Kris.

But then what should i give for the sender port and sender partner no while testing idocs. (since i dont create a port, rfc destination for System A in system B)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is a screenshot of what gets created

In this case, my sender system was IEC and receiver system (and RFC destination) was CE6

<a href="http://in.geocities.com/krisdonaldthegreatest/misc/sap_ale_genpp.jpg">click here for screenshot</a>

As you can see, Port A000000048 got created automatically