Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No authorization to open file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Could you please tell me the relevance of passing '*' in the parameter 'filename' for FM AUTHORITY_CHECK_DATASET. Does this check the authorization of the user to check any file?

We are facing an issue while IDOC creation through SXDA where the user is getting an error "No authorization to open file <XXXXXX>" although the user already has the authorization to access file <XXXXXX>.Inside the FM IDOC_INBOUND_FROM_FILE, when calling the FM AUTHORITY_CHECK_DATASET, the parameter passed in the filename is '' instead of 'XXXXXX'. Thus the authorization for the user to access file '' is being checked and this is failing.

System: 4.6 C

Please help me with your inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Sapthami

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the authorization data in transaction SU53. user might be having access to the file for a different program, but not for the transaction you are trying to execute. Internally FM AUTHORITY_CHECK_DATASET checks for the authorization object S_DATASET. So the problem maynot be with the file name, but with the PROGRAM or ACTIVITY.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Thanks for your reply.

But the user already has authorization to Activity '', Filename 'XXXXXX' and Program '' in object S_DATASET. So i guess he should be able to access the file in any program, if i am not wrong.

But i am confused as to why it is showing the error.

Thanks & Regards,

Sapthami